Recorded in Iona Abbey
1. Highland Cathedral – arr C Murdoch
2. Iona Boat Song – Hugh S Roberton [Curwen]
3. Pacem – Lee Dengler [ Harold Flamer Music (Swaawnee Press Inc)
4. Iona Carol – Emund Walters / Peter Kennerley [Roberton Publications – Paraclete Press]]
5. Scots Wha Hae – Trad. Arr. C S Wylie [Bayley & Ferguson Ltd.]
Recorded live in front an international audience in Iona Abbey, on Sunday 29th May 2011, in one long take. The stormy winds outside provided various howls and whistles in the fabric of the building heard throughout the recording. Visiting one of the holiest places in Scotland, on the wildest edge of Europe, these Diamond Jubilee recordings mark 110 years of choral excellence – 60 years of the Glasgow Phoenix Choir and 50 years of its predecessor the Glasgow Orpheus Choir.
This recording was made possible thanks to the support of Co-op Funeralcare and the Vivian Angus Bequest.
PRODUCED: Ian Smith
ENGINEERED: Geoff Allan of Cava Sound Studios